Ryan Pincus Death And Obituary: What Happened To Ryan Pincus?


Death And Obituary: What Happened To Ryan Pincus?

an image of ryan pincus
Ryan Pincus, a cyber underwriting expert, was killed by a security guard in a Walgreens store in San Francisco.PHOTO COURTESY:IInstagram

Ryan Pincus, a former Corvus Insurance worker and West Virginia University graduate was fatally shot in a shooting incident in San Francisco’s Visitacion Valley on April 27, 2023

He was the Allied World Vice President of Cyber Underwriting and a well-known name in the insurance policy world.

worked at AXIS Capital, Chubb, Catlin, and Axis Capitals.

was a longtime resident of Los Angeles, California, but was originally from Madison, New Jersey

The Shooting Incident

According to the San Francisco Police Department (SFPD), the shooting occurred at approximately 9:43 p.m.

in the vicinity of Kelloch Avenue, near the border of Daly City.

Law enforcement personnel arrived at the location and observed Pincus exhibiting injuries resulting from firearm discharge.

Medical professionals were summoned, and Pincus was transported to a local medical facility.

Nevertheless, he succumbed to his injuries while receiving medical treatment at the hospital

The shooter was identified as Michael Earl-Wyne Anthony, a security guard who was on duty at a downtown Walgreens.

According to a report released in May, Anthony told investigators that Pincus repeatedly threatened to stab him.

Surveillance camera video also released in May shows the moment when Anthony attempts to stop Pincus from leaving the store before Pincus shoves him.

A physical altercation ensues, the footage shows, where Anthony holds Pincus on the ground and then releases him after about a minute.

Pincus begins to leave before turning around and moving toward Anthony, who shoots him

The Legal Consequences

San Francisco District Attorney Brooke Jenkins declined to file criminal charges against Anthony, saying he acted in self-defense.

In May, California Attorney General Rob Bonta said his office would investigate that decision

However, Anthony and his employer, Kingdom Group Protective Services, faced fines from California’s Bureau of Security and Investigative Services for code violations.

Anthony was fined $1,500 for carrying a concealed firearm without a permit and for uniform violations

He did not have a concealed weapons permit at the time of the shooting but was carrying a gun in a zippered pouch on the tactical vest he was wearing.

He was also wearing a sweatshirt without “bureau-approved patches on each shoulder,” which should have said “private security” and the name of his employer

Kingdom Group Protective Services was fined $5,000 for failing to submit an incident report within seven days of the shooting, as well as failing to maintain an accurate and current record of the proof of completion of the pieces of training for Anthony.

The Family’s Reaction

Pincus’ family filed a wrongful death lawsuit against Walgreens, Kingdom Group Protective Services, and Anthony in June.

The lawsuit claims that Walgreens hired an unlicensed security company that employed an untrained and armed guard who used excessive force against Pincus.

The lawsuit also alleges that Anthony never identified himself as a security guard and that Pincus did not pose a threat to him or anyone else.

Pincus’ family lawyer John Burris said that Pincus was trying to get away or resist as much as he can because he did not know that Anthony was a security guard.

Pincus’ family described him as a loving son, brother, uncle, and friend who had a bright future ahead of him.

They said that he was passionate about his work in cyber underwriting and that he enjoyed traveling, hiking, skiing, and spending time with his loved ones.

They asked for justice for Pincus and for an end to senseless violence.


If you find this article impressive visit our blog page to read more as sampled: